ARPOA Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting Process (See Agenda Below)
At the annual meeting, the membership votes to approve the budget and elect directors of ARPOA. The meeting will be run in accordance with ARPOA’s Bylaws, and following the process outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order.
Please note the annual meeting is for ARPOA members only. A “member” is defined as an owner or all co-owners (collectively) of a parcel within Annapolis Roads with a property tax account listed on the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). For more information on the SDAT records for Anne Arundel County, go online to: http://www.dat.state.md.us/ .
We suggest you check with the County if you have a question regarding the listing of owners and co-owners for your property.
Member Information for the ARPOA Annual Meeting:
1. The room at BRCC will open at 6:15 p.m. and the meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. Members must check in, so please arrive early to ensure this process is completed in a timely manner.
2. Only members of the Association will be permitted to enter and attend the meeting.
3. A member (as defined in the ARPOA bylaws and by the County) has one vote per property, i.e., parcel or lot, with its own tax account.
Please Note: Any co-owner (including a spouse) who is unable to attend must provide a signed proxy to the co-owner who does attend for the attending co-owner to receive a ballot and to vote. In other words, if both owners do not plan to attend the meeting, the owner who arrives alone must have the other owner’s signature on a proxy form. This is a legal requirement of Anne Arundel County.Download a Proxy
If no co-owner attends, and the co-owners wish to give their proxy to another member to cast their ballot, all co-owners must sign the proxy.
• Give your proxy to a Board member or ARPOA member who plans to attend the annual meeting and who you designate to vote on your behalf.
• The member holding your proxy will deliver the proxy to the Board Secretary and will then be given a ballot to vote on your behalf.
4. If a property is owned by a corporation, partnership, LLC or trust, the party attending the annual meeting must certify that he or she has the authority under the corporation, partnership, LLC or trust to sign on behalf of the entity. Contact ARPOA’s Board Secretary prior to November 30th to provide necessary documentation.
5. The Nominating Committee will present a slate of candidates at the Annual Meeting, as provided in the bylaws, comprising those who have volunteered to run for office.
6. Members will use the paper ballot they receive at check-in to vote for candidates for officers of the Association. There will be room on the ballot to write-in names of candidates nominated from the floor.
7. The ballots will be collected by “Tellers”–community members assigned by the Board of Directors, who will tally all the ballots and report the outcome before the meeting ends. The elected officers will assume their responsibilities after the close of the meeting.
If you have further questions, please contact the Board’s Secretary, Suzy Lutz, at 410-280-1728 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing you at the Annual Meeting.
Full Files: http://annapolisroads.net/download/2019-annual-meeting-files
- 6:15pm - 7pm
- Check In
- 7pm -
- Meeting Called to Order
- Introduction of ARPOA Board
- President's Report
- Vice President's Report
- Treasurer's Report
- Presentation of Nominating Committee
- Brief Remarks from Candidates
- Election of Directors to ARPOA
- Treasurer's Presentation on SCBD Budget and Vote to Approve